Dear Parents, Faculty, and Staff,
I would like to introduce myself to all of you. I am the Title I Parent Liaison for Osborne High School, Katheline Vargas. I am serving only parents of participating students at Osborne. My office is located in the Learning Commons. This is also the location of our Parent Resource Center. The Parent Resource Center is open daily from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm. Please feel free to stop by and visit. I am looking forward to supporting our families in the pursuit of academic excellence for all of our students at Osborne High School.
The purpose for the Title I Parent Liaison is to assist in the building of capacity for parental involvement. Parental involvement as, “the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities including:
- Assisting their child’s learning;
- Being actively involved in their child’s education as school;
- Serving as full partners in their child’s education and being included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child; and
- Assist in the evaluation of the parent involvement programs at their school.”
As the Parent Liaison Title l my number one priority is assist parents in the following areas:
- Conduct parent workshops.
- Assist with ParentVUE usernames and passwords for parents and students.
- Assist through Parent teacher conference when needed.
- Assist in better communication from Parents with school and vice versa.
CCSD Title 1 Department
For more information about Title I Department click here.
School Improvement Plan & Title I Budget
- Osborne High School Improvement Plan 2021-22 Action Plan
- Osborne High School Improvement Plan 2021-22 Comprehensive Needs Assessment
- Osborne High School FY22 Title I Budget
Parent and Family Engagement School and District Policies
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy and Plan 2021-22 (English / Spanish)
- CCSD Family & Community Engagement Policy (English / Spanish)
The Family Information Guide (English / Spanish) contains a wealth of information about the district including the Student Code of Conduct, as well as information about privacy rights, important dates, and more.
- Right to Know Professional Qualifications for Teachers and Paraprofessionals - please go to page 10 of the guide.
State of the School
The State of the School meeting shares information about Title I resources, budget and services at Osborne High School.
School Choice Transfers
HB 251 allows for school choice transfers. Parents/guardians of a student enrolled in a District school may apply for a School Choice Transfer in order to pursue a transfer to another District school. School. The application procedures, forms and dates will be posted on the District’s Website during the second semester each year.
If you need assistance with any of the above, please come by my office, call or email any questions or concerns. My office number is 770-437-5900 ext. 012. My email address is Katheline.Vargas@cobbk12.org.
Osborne High School Mission:
Empowering students to be innovative leaders and thinkers in a global society
Osborne High School Vision:
One goal, many paths: Student success!