Pebblebrook High School
Class of 2023
Commencement Information and Schedule of Activities
Friday, May 26, 2023, 2:30 PM
Kennesaw State University
LOCATION OF VENUE AND DIRECTIONS
The Convocation Center is located on the Kennesaw campus of Kennesaw State University at the intersection of I-75 and Chastain Road. From I-75, exit at Chastain Road (Exit 271) and turn west. Go to the first traffic light past the I-75 ramps and turn right onto Frey Road for graduate or guest parking. For accessible and special assistance parking, continue to the second traffic light and turn right on Kennesaw State University Road. Additional approach information and alternate routes are available on the district website at www.cobbk12.org/graduation.
• Commencement tickets will be distributed on May 25 in the Jackson Gym at commencement practice.
• Only students who have ordered this year’s cap and gown will receive tickets to commencement.
• Tickets are required for all persons entering, including babies and children of all ages. Graduation announcements sent out by students are not admission tickets. Tickets will be distributed at commencement practice.
• Lost and damaged tickets will not be replaced. Each ticket has a unique barcode for this ceremony and will be scanned upon entry into the venue.
• Seniors must meet all graduation requirements to participate in commencement and receive a diploma. All required courses must be successfully completed by Friday, May 19, or the student will not graduate with this class. Please note: No work will be accepted after the final exam is given.
• All financial obligations, including payment for lost textbooks, extracurricular fines, unreturned laptops, etc., must be cleared before final grades can be given and before the senior will be allowed to participate in commencement practice on May 25.
• Senior clearance forms should be returned to the main office no later than May 18.
SENIOR FINAL EXAMS
• May 17 - 3rd and 4th blocks
• May 18 - 1st and 2nd blocks
• Herff Jones will deliver caps and gowns on March 10. If students are absent on the delivery day, the main office staff will collect their products.
• Questions concerning these items should be directed to ATLGrad office at (770) 795-1626. Each student participating in commencement must have the correct gown, matching mortar board, and tassel.
• Caps and gowns must be worn by all graduating seniors. Please press the gown before commencement. Do not hem commencement gowns. The cap is worn flat on the head with the point at the center of the forehead and the tassel hanging on the right side.
• Women: Wear a solid-colored dress and black dress shoes with the gown. The dress may not hang below the gown. Black dress shoes are required. Please keep in mind all graduates will be walking up and down stairs and low-heeled shoes are encouraged.
• Men: Wear a white shirt, tie, dark solid slacks, black shoes, and dark socks.
• No jeans, shorts, sandals, open toe shoes, sport shoes, or flip flops will be allowed for women or men.
• Only students in proper attire will be allowed in the processional.
• Only school issued caps and gowns, honor cords, and stoles may be worn.
• Caps and gowns cannot be altered or decorated in any way.
COMMENCEMENT DAY SCHEDULE
1:00 PM Seniors Report to Siegel Recreation Center.
1:30 PM Elderly and Guests Needing Assistance may enter Convocation Center.
1:45 PM Doors open to ALL FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
2:30 PM Processional of Graduates Begin (No one will be allowed to enter the ceremony during the processional).
All guests and students will enter the venue through metal detectors.
CONDUCT OF GRADUATES AND GUESTS
• Seniors and their parents should carefully read all the information in this packet. Seniors are responsible for knowing and following all directions and schedules in this packet. Before taking part in any commencement activity, each senior must have a signed Commencement Contract on file.
• All rules and policies of the Cobb County School District will be enforced. Students must remain properly dressed throughout the ceremony and are expected to follow all directions as explained. Failure to do so will result in exclusion from the ceremony.
• Commencement is an optional, dignified, and formal ceremony for graduating seniors, their families, and guests. Possession of any disruptive objects or disruptive behavior may lead to immediate removal from the ceremony.
• We ask the cooperation of all who attend the commencement ceremony to help make it a dignified ceremony. Please refrain from any inappropriate noises that will detract from the dignity of the ceremony. Since this ceremony is an official function of Pebblebrook High School, all Cobb County School District and Pebblebrook High School policies, rules, and regulations are in effect.
• Disruptive students will be removed and WILL NOT be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
• Students must remain properly dressed throughout the ceremony and are expected to follow directions explained during rehearsal, or they will be excluded from the ceremony. DO NOT THROW CAPS!!!
• Restitution for any damage to the venue, district property, or vendor property will be the responsibility of the graduate or guest who causes said damage.
• All car keys, cell phones, cameras, and other personal items should be left in the care of family members or friends in the audience.
• Any object which obscures the view or impacts the safety of others is not allowed in any district-managed venue. (A complete list of prohibited items is available on the district graduation web page http://www.cobbk12.org/graduation).
• Spectators are asked to behave appropriately during the ceremony by holding their applause until all students have received their diplomas, remaining seated during the program, and honoring the graduates with attire and behavior befitting a formal ceremony.
Guests requiring assistance with seating should arrive at the Convocation Center and assemble at the left door of the Atrium Entrance by 1:30 PM to be admitted.
• Please be cautious of the weather conditions as we will not be able to let anyone enter before 1:30 PM for guests requiring assistance and 1:45 PM for all others.
• Guests requiring assistance with seating must have a ticket and may be accompanied by one ticketed guest.
• Guests requiring assistance with seating may be seated on the mezzanine in the designated recesses or on the arena floor behind the rope-line. It will be impossible for these early entrees to save seats for additional family members.
In accordance with Kennesaw State University requirements, all persons entering the Convocation Center must pass through metal detection devices. Also, guests entering the facility with a bag MUST use either a CLEAR TOTE or SMALL CLUTCH to be approved for entry into the venue. Please do not bring any packages that cannot be opened or inspected. Also, please allow extra time for entry as there may be delays. KSU requires that all persons entering the facility must submit all bags for inspection by public safety personnel.
Please see the description provided regarding clear totes and small clutches.
Clear Totes Clutch Bag or Small Purse
Size may not exceed 12”x 6”x 12” Size may not exceed 6.5”x 4.5”
Logo may only be on one side of the bag May include a handle or strap
Items in the tote must be loose Does NOT need to be clear
All bags are subject to search All bags are subject to search
COMMENCEMENT PHOTOS AND VIDEO
• We have arranged for Cady Studios to take an individual photograph of graduates as they receive their diploma. Cady Studios will mail each graduate a proof of the photo and ordering information. The graduates will also receive information to access their photo online.
• A live webcast will be publicly available via the school district website, www.cobbk12.org/graduation. Video services will be provided by Cobb County School District.
• Copies of the ceremony may be purchased on DVD. Information about this service will be provided at the district website (www.cobbk12.org/graduation).
• KSU charges a $10.00 parking fee per car. Be prepared to pay with credit card or a debit card.
• Graduates are to park in the Central Parking Deck. Graduates should be encouraged to wear comfortable shoes for walking from the Central Parking Deck to the Siegel Recreation Center (SRC) and the Convocation Center (CC).
• Guests will park in the East Parking Deck and the East Economy Lot (across Frey Road from the East Parking Deck). Overflow parking will be available in the Central Parking Deck.
• Guests with disabilities and elderly guests needing individualized assistance should park in either Lot A or Lot B (as designated on the campus map). Golf carts will run continuously to convey guests to and from the Convocation Center.
• ATTENDANCE AT COMMENCEMENT PRACTICE IS A MANDATORY PREREQUISITE FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY.
• Students must be on time for practice and WILL NOT be admitted late or allowed to leave early.
• Cobb County School District policies and Pebblebrook High School policies, rules, and regulations (including dress code) are in effect at commencement practice and at the ceremony itself.
• Students must have met all financial obligations prior to practice.
• Practice will be Thursday, May 25, 2023, 9:00 AM Jackson Gym.
• Seniors should park in the Jackson Parking lot. Seniors must be inside the gym and seated at 8:45 AM in their assigned space on the gym floor. We will not admit or wait for students who are late. The school dress code will be in effect for practice. The use of cell phones and headphones are prohibited. COMMENCEMENT PRACTICE IS MANDATORY. Guest tickets to the commencement ceremony will be distributed at the end of practice.
• Students should not bring valuables, purses, yearbooks, iPods, phones, etc. with them to practice or to the commencement ceremony. There will not be any secure place to leave valuables. Students are responsible for any lost or stolen item(s).
Flowers and graduation gifts may be purchased from district-approved vendor(s) at district-managed venues.
Diplomas will be distributed in the Jackson Gym on Wednesday, May 31, 2023, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM.
For additional information and updates, please check the commencement page on the district web site: www.cobbk12.org/graduation
La Universidad Estatal de Kennesaw (Kennesaw State University)ahora requiere que cada invitado presente un boleto numerado y con código de barras individualmente para la admisión al Centro de Convocación. Para cumplir con este requisito, el Distrito Escolar del Condado de Cobb ha implementado un nuevo procedimiento para asignar boletos para la ceremonia de graduación.
Los boletos de invitado para la graduación serán solicitados en línea por el graduado a través del Portal del Estudiante. El graduado solicitará el número de boletos deseados para sus invitados. Sin embargo, el graduado no tiene garantizado el número solicitado. Los graduados y los padres/tutores deben discutir la cantidad de boletos que el graduado debe solicitar para la familia.
La escuela proporcionará instrucciones para acceder al Portal del Estudiante. El Portal del Estudiante se abrirá el lunes 6 de marzo para las solicitudes de boletos de los graduados. Los graduados que no presenten una solicitud recibirán 2 boletos. La fecha límite para solicitar entradas será el viernes 24 de marzo. Una vez que se asignen los boletos, los graduados y los padres/tutores serán notificados del número de boletos otorgados que se podrán ver en el Portal del Estudiante.
Cada boleto de invitado para las escuelas con una ceremonia en la Universidad Estatal de Kennesaw (Kennesaw State University) tendrá un código de barras único y será válido solo para la ceremonia, la fecha y la hora que se muestran en el boleto. Los boletos perdidos o dañados no podrán ser reemplazados. Una vez que se escanea un boleto para ingresar al lugar, ya no es válido y no se puede reutilizar para ingresar o volver a ingresar.