Birney's Arrival Procedures
- Children may begin arriving at school at 7:15 a.m. There is NO student supervision prior to this time. All car riders must arrive by 7:50 a.m.
- Only drop off and pick up students in front of the school.
- If you are dropping students off please follow the established traffic pattern.
- If you are dropping students off, please pull up as close as you can to the car in front of you. DO NOT pull out of line or pass cars ahead of you once you are in the car pool line.
- Follow the directions of the staff members on duty.
- Keep goodbyes and greetings brief. Please have your child ready to exit the car when you stop (book bag, lunch, money etc.).
- If you need to come into the school building, please park in the parking lot in the front of the building only.
- If you arrive after 7:50 a.m., you must park, escort your child into the building, and sign him/her in at the front office.
Birney's Dismissal Procedures
For the safety of all our students, it is important that your child’s teacher know how he or she is going home each day. When you need to make a change, please do the following:
- Send in a note with your child that morning stating how they should be dismissed that day.
- If a change in dismissal arises during the day, please contact the front office at 678-842-6824 to communicate the change needed.
- You will be required to email or fax your driver's license and the request in writing to the person with whom you spoke.
- To stay in ASP your child should be registered prior to their first stay.
- All changes must be made in the office before 1:45 p.m. to ensure that your child gets home safely.
- Students who are not picked up by 2:45 p.m. or who are brought back on the bus will be placed in ASP for supervision and parents will be charged.
- Please do not use Class Dojo or a teacher’s email to communicate transportation changes.