Dress Code Information
R.E.A.L. Gators are expected to dress appropriately each day. Please review the dress code to ensure that students are following the expectations.
Please search "dress code" at the CCSD Policies & Administrative Rules.
- Appropriate shoes shall be worn at all times. Students should wear closed toe shoes for safety. Tennis shoes are required for PE.
- Appropriate under-garments shall be worn and may not be visible.
- Pants must be worn at the waist. Jeans with holes/tears above the knee shall be worn with tights underneath.
- No leggings, jeggings, or skin-tight pants/shorts unless they are worn underneath pants, dress, or skirt.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be no shorter than three inches above the knee.
- Strapless garments and tank-tops shall be worn with a jacket. Midriffs shall be covered to ensure that all portions of the stomach are not visible.
- No caps, hats, bandanas nor hoods covering the head are to be worn in the school buildings during the school day unless there is a special activity during which they are deemed appropriate by the school administration.
- Clothing or ornamentation that does any of the following is prohibited:
- Displays or advertises substances illegal for minors.
- Displays suggestive phrases, designs, markings, or profanities.
- Advocates, promotes, or suggests illegal activity.
If a student is dressed inappropriately, the student will be asked to change. Repeated violations of the dress code will be addressed using the Student Code of Conduct (JCDA-R). Administrators and teachers shall enforce the dress code, and the principal or designee shall be the final judge as to the appropriateness, neatness and cleanliness of the wearing apparel, or whether or not apparel is disruptive, unsafe, or in violation of the dress code.
Parents, students and teachers can now show their Gator support by purchasing spirit wear from the PTSA.