Mountain View Elementary Carpool Procedures
In order to expedite carpool in the safest and most efficient manner, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
General Safety Guidelines:
• Please use both lanes of the driveway when entering Mountain View.
• Traffic must merge into one lane at the traffic cones.
• Stay in a single line. Please do not pass cars unless directed by staff.
• Please pull your car as far forward as possible before stopping to let your student out. This allows more students to exit their vehicles.
• Students should be ready to exit the car when it stops. Please make sure that students are ready to get out when the car stops.
• Students should exit from the passenger side ONLY.
• Please drive slowly and watch for pedestrians.
• Please allow extra time during inclement weather.
• Carpool begins at 7:20 a.m. Students are not permitted to be dropped off before this time.
• It is imperative that students are not dropped off in the parking lot, only in the car rider line.
• Students will be marked tardy if they are not in their classrooms when the bell rings at 7:50 a.m. If your child is tardy, please park your car and escort your child to the office to check them into school.
• Afternoon carpool begins at 2:20 p.m.
• Cars should pull as far forward as possible before stopping.
• Please display your car rider tag on your rear view mirror to expedite our ability to call for your student(s). Mountain View duty personnel will escort the student to your car.
• If you do not have a car rider tag on display, you will need to park your vehicle to retrieve your student(s).
• Parents are not allowed to get out of their cars. Should your child need additional assistance getting buckled in, please pull into the parking lot to take care of these concerns.
• Students not picked up by 2:35pm will be placed in the After School Program at the parents’ expense. Walkers will be dismissed after the rush of carpool ends at approximately 2:35.
Thank you for your cooperation with keeping everyone’s safety in mind.