As part of the Learning Everywhere Program, all middle school students have the opportunity to receive a Dell laptop and carrying case for instructional use at home and school. In order to participate in the program, the enrolling adult must opt in through ParentVue.
- Log in to ParentVue (PARENTVUE HELP)
- On the left menu, click on Student Device Liability Agreement
- Read the agreement and accept it
- Select Opt-in for each student
Students who opt in will be assigned a new laptop while they are enrolled in the Cobb County School District and will be required to return the device upon graduation or withdrawal from the district. Your student will NOT receive a device unless you opt in.
WHY SHOULD I OPT-IN?
- Students will be expected to bring their district-issued devices to school every day for use in their content area classes.
- School-issued devices will be connected to the Cobb server, which will allow for better connectivity.
- School-issued devices will come with the required Office 365 software that Cobb students utilize.
- School-issued devices will have access to our testing platforms. For example, students will be able to take End of Grade Tests as well as benchmarks like MI/RI in their classrooms, increasing flexibility and reducing the loss of instructional time.
- When all students have the same device, teachers can incorporate technology more often since they are assured all students have access.
Devices will continue to be distributed as students opt-in.
Please help prevent shattered laptop screens. This often occurred when headphones and pencils were closed inside the lids. Instances which could have been avoided by slowing down and taking a moment to look. We cannot stress enough that you must be extra careful with your laptop. Keep the laptops in the case issued to you. Charge them up at night and keep your cords at home. Keep all food and drink away. And lastly, keep your laptop with you as you travel the school building or bus. You are responsible for the care of your laptop for as long as you are a Cobb County student. Follow these care tips below:
Student Laptop Program - Here you will find Laptop Set-up Directions, Quick Fixes, & Best Practices/Laptop Care.
You can also visit this support link https://www.cobbk12.org/page/56635/quick-fixes for instructions.
Student Laptop Resources- On this page, you will find training and support for the Student Laptop Program. The materials provided are much needed tips and tricks to help students get the most out of their student laptops and increase their 21st century technology skills.
If you need access to ParentVue, please email or call Cheryl Price at Cheryl.Price@ cobbk12.org 770-975-6764
If you have questions about the Student Laptop Program, contact Hanna.Grimes@cobbk12.org or 770-975-6764 (ext 049).