With competency in math being a key to flourishing in most careers, we believe that every student can succeed. The teachers and administrators in our Mathematics Department are extremely gifted and talented teachers who will work to help every student accomplish his/her goals.
Lassiter math teachers are recognized statewide as leaders in the development and implementation of the Georgia math curriculum. In addition to the content standards, our Mathematics Department stresses the Process Standards in all Lassiter math courses. According to the Standards for Mathematical Practice, mathematically proficient students
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision in vocabulary and calculations.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
|email | blog
|Brian O'Dell, Department Chair
|Dr. Melissa Paurowski
|Dr. Barry Shildneck
Click on the link below to help you with your math studies:
Are you needing extra help in math? Find out when the math department is available for extra tutoring and access a list of contact information for student tutors below!