August 12, 2022
It’s been an exciting start to the 2022-2023 School Year! Thank you for sharing your children with us! The smiling faces and enthusiasm of so many young learners is invigorating! During the first two weeks, students learned the rituals and routines for their classroom and school. They learned how to be Bucket Fillers (& not bucket dippers). Students in 1st-5th grades completed the Reading Inventory (RI) and the Math Inventory (MI).
Please find updates and reminders below:
- Early Release Day, 8/22: School ends two hours early. Dismissal begins at 12:20.
- Save the Date for Open House! This is a chance to hear from your child’s teacher(s) about classroom expectations and procedures, preview Quarter 1 learning goals and standards, and participate in a question & answer session with your child’s teacher.
- Thursday, September 1st
- 5:00, Title I State of the School parent informational meeting in the Media Center.
- 6:00, PTA Welcome & Meeting will be broadcasted in your child’s classroom.
- 6:15-6:45, Session I in your child’s classroom.
- 6:50-7:20, Session II in your other child’s classroom.
- Thursday, September 1st
- Labor Day, 9/5: NO SCHOOL
- Visitors & Volunteers: All visitors are required to show an I.D. before entering the building and will need to enter and exit through the front main lobby. If you are interested in volunteering, please reach out to Gisela Escobedo our Parent Facilitator, email@example.com.
- School Hours: School begins at 7:50 AM (Drop-off is from 7:15-7:50). If your child is tardy, please walk him/her to the front doors, scan the tardy QR code to sign him/her in, and ring the bell for an office staff member to open the doors for your student. School ends at 2:10, at which time the dismissal process begins. We do not accept early check-outs after 1:45.
- Transportation Changes: Please do your best to stick with a routine for your child’s afternoon dismissal and minimize changing your child’s dismissal procedure as much as possible. However, there are two options for communicating PM transportation changes if necessary: (1) Send in a written note to your child’s teacher. (2) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your ID. Please DO NOT leave a voice message or email your child’s teacher with changes as those methods do not ensure receipt of the message nor ensure the proper identity of the sender.
- School Meals: We serve breakfast and lunch to students each day. Student meal prices for this school year are as follows; breakfast is $1.75 and the lunch is $3.25. If your family would benefit from a free or reduced-price student meal, please complete an online application as soon as possible: https://www.cobbk12.org/foodservices/page/47586/family-meal-application-information
Please check our school website often for school related information and updates, www.cobbk12.org/mableton.
Pamela Cain, Ed. D.
Principal, Mableton Elementary
August Welcome Back Letter
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year! We are thrilled to embark on a year full of “Best Day Evers”! If this is your family’s first year at Mableton, welcome to The Ultimate Learning Experience! If your family is returning, welcome back!
One of the most important things you can do as a parent is to keep an open line of communication between you and the teacher and the school. There are TWO must-haves for school-home communication. You need an active PARENTVUE account so that you can access important information regarding your children, such as the report card and attendance information. You also need an active CTLS Parent account so that you can receive imperative information from your child’s teacher and the school. For assistance with either account, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Another significant thing to remember is the importance of routine for a child. This includes daily and timely attendance at school. School begins at 7:50 and dismissal begins at 2:10 each day. Every minute of the school day is important to a child’s learning. Please get your child to school on time by riding the school bus or joining the carpool line. Find your child’s bus route here: Edulog WebQuery (cobbk12.org)
We serve breakfast and lunch to students each day. Student meal prices for this school year are as follows; Breakfast is $1.75, and the lunch price is $3.25. If your family would benefit from a free or reduced-price student meal, please complete an online application as soon as possible: https://www.cobbk12.org/foodservices/page/47586/family-meal-application-information
Many teachers and school staff use a professional social media account to share good news, school-related pictures, event reminders, celebrations, notifications related to school, and/or emergency notifications. If you object to your child’s photo appearing in a school-related publication, please exert your right to the “objection procedure” by submitting a written letter to me within 10 days of enrollment. (See CCSD Family Information Guide for more information.)
In closing, please know that you are a valued member of your child’s educational experience, and we want to partner with you to help your child be successful. Reach out to your child’s teacher(s), school counselor, the front office, or the administrative team when you have questions or concerns. I’m looking forward to a great year full of “Best Day Evers”!
Dr. Pamela Cain, Principal