South Cobb High School
Community Service Guidelines
Community service is defined as work done by a person or group to benefit others.
In order to receive community service cords for graduation, students must submit signed community service logs/documentation of completion of at least 265 hours by March of their senior year.
- Only hours accumulated in high school will be accepted.
- Students cannot receive academic credit, salary, or any other money for services rendered.
- Students may not receive community service hours for athletic games or practice (including serving as a team manager), rehearsals, competitions, or performances in school related events.
- There is no doubling of hours.
- There is a fee of $10 for the Community Service Cord, which must be paid on MyPaymentsPlus. .
All Magnet Students are required to complete 265 hours of community service in order to receive their magnet seal.
*The amount of community service hours has been decreased only for the graduating classes of 2023, 2024, 2025, and 2026 due to the impact of COVID-19 Pandemic.