South Cobb High School
Revised Community Service Guidelines
Community service is defined as work done by a person or group to benefit others.
In order to receive community service cords for graduation, students must submiet signed community service logs/documentation of completion of at least 265 hours by March of their Senior year.
- Only hours accumulated in high school will be accepted.
- Students cannot receive academic credit, salary, or any other money for services rendered.
- Students may not receve community service hours for athetic games or practice(Including serving as team managers), rehearsals, competitions, or performances in school related events.
- There is no doubling of hours.
- There is a fee for the Community Service Cord.
- Deadline for Seniors to submit coummunity service hours is March 4, 2022. Late documentation will not be accepted.
All Magnet students are required to complete 265 hours of community service in order to receive their magnet seal.