Laptop Setup and Care Instructions
STEP 1: Make sure you received all these items: Laptop, Case with strap, & Two-piece power adapter.
STEP 2: Use a marker to write your name clearly on the labels on the laptop and power adapter. You may also wish to label your laptop case.
STEP 3: Plug in the power adapter to the laptop and to a power outlet.
STEP 4: Open the laptop and press the power button to turn it on.
STEP 5: At the login prompt, enter your Office 365 / CTLS username and password:
Username is similar to this:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Password is the same for Office 365, CTLS, StudentVUE, and school desktop computers
NOTE: New students must reset their passwords before logging in to their laptop. Log in to a school desktop or cart laptop with user = student number and password = happy
STEP 6: The laptop is OK to use when you see the Cobb County Schools logo at right, but automatic setup will continue and may take 30 minutes or more to fully complete.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Never install VPNs (psiphon, etc.) or attempt to bypass security.
- Never place pencils, airpods, or other objects on the keyboard, between the keyboard and screen, or anywhere that could damage the laptop if the lid is closed accidentally.
- While on campus use only the Matrix wifi network. Never attempt to connect to another CCSD wifi network.
- Charge the laptop every night.
- Shut down and restart the laptop at least once per week to allow updates to install.
- Keep food and drinks away from the laptop.
- Always close the screen when moving from place to place.
- Carry the laptop in its case when going between classes and between school and home.
- If the laptop is damaged, lost, or stolen, report it to the learning commons immediately.