When is an excuse note needed?
Anytime a student misses class time due to checking in late, checking out early, or absent all day, please send in a note. Notes must be received within 3 days of absence. Important: always include your student's first and last name and ID number to help the information get to the correct place.
Where and how do I send excuse notes?
You can send a note to school through three different methods, choose the one that you are most comfortable with:
- Send an email to mcclureMSsupport@cobbk12.org.
- Students may bring a hard copy to the attendance office.
- CTLS: Link is Provided in the Parent Attendance Text/Email Notifications sent out on the evening of an absence. Simply click on the link to set up the email.
What is the latest time a student can be checked out?
3:45 P.M. (1:00 on early release days).
What should I do if I need to check my student out early?
For a pre-planned dismissal: On the date of early dismissal, send a note with student name, grade, and time of dismissal. Your student turns the note in to the attendance office upon arrival at school and will receive an early dismissal pass. The student can leave class at designated time and will wait in the attendance office to be checked out.
How do I request an absence from class(es) be excused?
The parent/guardian should send an email/note to the school attendance office explaining the reason for the absence within 3 days of the student’s return to school, or the tardy/absence/early checkout will be marked unexcused. Always include your student's full name on the note.
How do I check my student out of school?
Parents/guardians/designee must report to the attendance office, show their picture ID, and sign the checkout log. The parent/guardian/designee will be verified as being authorized by the enrolling adult. Enrolling adults should keep their ParentVue account updated with authorized persons.
How is attendance recorded in middle school?
Teachers code absences and tardies during their homeroom and in each of the 7 class blocks.
What will happen if my student has unexcused absences or tardies?
- 3 Unexcused Absences- The student’s parent/guardian will be contacted by the attendance clerk.
- 5 Unexcused Absences – The official CCSD Attendance Letter will be sent to the student’s parent/guardian.
- 7 Unexcused Absences – The school social worker will be consulted to determine further action.
- 5 Unexcused Tardies- The student’s parent/guardian will be contacted by the attendance clerk.
- 10 Unexcused Tardies – Detention assigned. Detention letter will be mailed to home address.
- 15 Unexcused Tardies – ISS assigned and will be referred to social worker.
All attendance issues/questions should be sent to: mcclureMSsupport@cobbk12.org.