Continuation of Enrollment Transfers
If the family of a student who is already enrolled and attending a district school moves outside of the current school's attendance zone, the enrolling adult may apply for his/her child to remain enrolled at the current school. Based on several factors including the date of the move and the location of the new residence, the student may be eligible to be approved to continue enrollment for the current semester, the current school year, or through the highest grade of the school.
- Moves Within the District - should the family of a student enrolled in the District move from one attendance zone to another within the District, the student may be eligible to remain enrolled in his/her current school. Approval may be for continued enrollment for the current semester, current year, or through the highest grade level of the school.
- Moves Outside of the District - should the family of a student enrolled in the District cease to be a resident of the Cobb County School District, the student may be eligible to remain enrolled in his/her current school for the remainder of the semester in which the move occurred.
- Senior Attendance Permit - a bona fide high school senior who moves after the completion of his/her junior year, may be eligible to remain enrolled his/her senior year.
General provisions for Continuation of Enrollment transfers:
- The move must be verified to have occurred after the student has been in attendance at the school.
- Regardless of instructional delivery model, the student's new residence must be within commuting distance of the school.
- Transportation for students approved to continue enrollment must be provided by the parent/guardian.
- The parent/guardian must promptly report to the principal or designee any future change in residency.
- Acceptable attendance, behavior, and grades are required in order for the student to be approved for the transfer and to remain on transfer if approved.
- Parents/guardians is expected to maintain a cordial and cooperative working relationship with district personnel.
- Failure to comply with any provisions shall authorize the principal to immediately revoke a transfer.
Prior to making a request for a continuation of enrollment transfer, the family's new address must be updated in the District's student information system. This will require that two proofs of residency be provided. Once the address has been updated, the enrolling adult may request a continuation of enrollment transfer through his/her ParentVUE account. For more information regarding how to update your address in ParentVUE, please click HERE.
Once a student is determined to be eligible for a continuation of enrollment transfer, the final decision on approval will be made by the school's administration. If the transfer is approved through the highest grade level of the school, is no guaranteed that the student will be able to continue in the same feeder pattern in the future.
For questions regarding continuation of enrollment transfers, please email Student.Transfers@cobbk12.org.
How to Apply
Continuation of enrollment transfer applications may be submitted online. Directions for applying through ParentVUE can be found HERE.