Kennesaw State University (KSU) is located near the intersection of Interstate 75 (I-75) and Chastain Road. Commencement will be held in the Convocation Center (labelled CC on the campus map). Guests may enter the Convocation Center through the Atrium doors on the north side of the building (opposite the East Parking Deck).
Parking is available on the Kennesaw State University campus. KSU charges a PARKING FEE of $10.00 PER VEHICLE. Drivers should be prepared to pay with cash and bring exact change to enter the lot quickly and keep traffic moving.
|Graduates||Central Parking Deck (labeled Central Parking Deck on the campus map)|
|Guests with Disabilities or Requiring Individualized Assistance||Lot A or Lot B - assistance to and from the Convocation Center will be available for guests|
|All Other Guests||East Parking Deck (labeled East Parking Deck on the campus map)|
East Economy Lot (labeled East Economy Lot on the campus map)
From the North: Take I-75 south to Chastain Road (Exit 271). Turn right on Chastain Road and then right at the first traffic light onto Frey Road. The entrance to the East Economy lot is on the right and the entrance to the East Parking Deck is at the first traffic light (turn left at the light to enter the parking deck).
From the South: Take I-75 north to Chastain Road (Exit 271). Turn left on Chastain Road and then right at the second traffic light onto Frey Road. The entrance to the East Economy lot is on the right and the entrance to the East Parking Deck is at the first traffic light (turn left at the light to enter the parking deck).
From the West: Take Chastain Road to Frey Road. Turn left onto Frey Road.
From the East: Take Chastain Road to Frey Road. Turn right onto Frey Road.
Alternate Route from the East: Take Chastain Road to Busbee Parkway. Turn right on Busbee Parkway and then take the second left onto Townpark Lane. Proceed around the traffic circle taking the second exit onto the Skip Spann Connector. After crossing the bridge over I-75 you will come to a a traffic light at Frey Road. Guests should proceed straight through the intersection which leads into the East Parking Deck. Graduates should turn right onto Frey Road to go to the Central Parking Deck.
Find it on Google Maps
Tickets & Entry
Tickets are required for ALL persons entering the venue. Tickets are allocated and distributed by the graduating student's school. Guest entry is through the Atrium doors on the north side of the building (refer to campus map). The doors will open 45 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony.
In accordance with Kennesaw State University requirements, all persons entering the Convocation Center must pass through a metal detector for screening. This requirement is similar to what is in place at other event venues throughout metro Atlanta such as Truist Park, Mercedes Benz Stadium, State Farm Arena, the Georgia Aquarium, and others.
Guests entering the venue with a bag MUST have either a CLEAR TOTE or SMALL CLUTCH to be approved for entry into the venue. All bags and packages are subject to search by public safety personnel. Diaper bags are permissible when accompanied by an infant/toddler and are subject to search. Bags that do not meet these criteria will not be permitted into the venue. Please be aware this will delay your entry into the facility, and we advise arriving early to make sure you are seated for the ceremony. Please DO NOT bring any packages that cannot be opened and inspected. The descriptions below have been provided by KSU regarding clear totes and small clutches.
Clutch Bag or Small Purse
Commencement is an exciting occasion for the graduates, their families, and guests. Please follow these guidelines and be considerate of other family members and guests so that everyone may have a memorable experience:
- Plan to arrive on time. Late arrivals are disruptive to other guests and the graduates. Doors from the atrium/lobby to the arena space will be closed during the processional and national anthem.
- There will be a high volume of traffic entering and leaving campus in addition to normal traffic which varies by time of day. Please plan to arrive early enough to allow plenty of time to find a parking space, walk to the Convocation Center, clear the security screening, and locate a seat. Please keep in mind that most people coming for each school's ceremony will be coming from the same general direction and that alternate routes may be beneficial.
- Saving seats in the Convocation Center is not permitted. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only clear bags meeting the criteria below, small clutches, and diaper bags with an accompanying infant/toddler are permitted inside the Convocation Center. There is no provision for storing personal items such as purses, briefcases, back packs, packages, etc.
- Balloons and signs are not permitted in the venue.
- Strollers are not permitted in the stadium. Strollers brought to the venue must be left along the wall in the atrium/lobby of the Convocation Center. The district and its schools are not responsible for strollers left in the atrium/lobby.
- All aisles, stairwells, and doorways must remain clear at all times. Standing along railings is not permitted.
- The use of tripods, monopods, selfie-sticks, and other camera stabilizing devices is not permitted.
- Guests are not permitted forward of the rope line on the arena floor. This area is reserved for graduates and processing faculty only.
- Guests are not permitted in the graduate line-up area.
- Please silence all cell phones and other electronic devices prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Parents, family members, and guests are encouraged to meet their graduate on the Campus Green following the ceremony (refer to campus map).
Information about accommodations for guests with disabilities and elderly guests requiring individualized assistance:
- The Convocation Center is ADA accessible.
- Parking for guests with disabilities and those with limited mobility is available in Lot A and Lot B (refer to the campus map).
- Guests with disabilities, limited mobility, and elderly guests needing special assistance may enter through the designated door beginning one hour prior to the start of each ceremony. Early admission will be granted to the person requiring assistance and one (1) companion only. All other guests may enter the Convocation Center beginning 45 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Tickets are required of all guests to be admitted to the Convocation Center.
- Once inside the Convocation Center, any guest needing special accommodations (such as wheelchair seating) may sit in designated areas or any accessible seating on either level on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One (1) companion may sit with the guest requiring special assistance in designated seating areas. This limit is imposed so that the needs of all persons needing special accommodations may be served.
- Ushers will be available at the doors and throughout the Convocation Center to assist guests needing assistance.
- If you have the need for accommodations beyond parking, early entry, and/or seating, please contact the graduating student's school to discuss your needs.
Have a question? Contact us by email: email@example.com