GENERAL ADMISSION INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
Teachers admitted into Georgia’s BEST will participate in an assigned cohort for the duration of the program.
Admissions qualifications into Georgia’s BEST includes the following requirements:
- Are a Cobb County School District certified staff
- Hold a current, renewable Georgia teaching certificate
- Have completed an acceptable baccalaureate degree at a four-year college
- Cobb Schools is requiring that all applicants for the Ed.D. in School Improvement must have already earned, or will have earned, their Ed.S. by December 31, 2023
- Are in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Attained a minimum GPA of 2.7 in an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree
- Meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations and specific course and/or grade prerequisites, as appropriate campus authorities may prescribe
In unusual circumstances, CCSD and West Georgia University may make exceptions to these criteria. Graduate students must apply to the university AND to the CCSD Georgia’s BEST program. Due to unique program requirements, previous credit awarded for graduate studies will not be transferred to this program.
Those provisionally admitted through CCSD will then be invited to apply to University of West Georgia via instructions emailed by the Graduate School. Necessary documents to be submitted to the University of West Georgia will include:
- Official College Transcripts
- Verification of Lawful Presence
If you are provisionally approved through CCSD, please go ahead and request an official transcript from all schools attended to be sent to the UWG Graduate School. Official electronic transcripts are preferred and can be sent directly from the issuing school through their official transcript service to the University of West Georgia- Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If electronic copies are not available, an official sealed hard copy may be mailed to:
UWG Graduate Admissions
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton, GA 30118
|Spring Cohort 2024||5pm October 18, 2023|