Early checkout from school is discouraged. Students and parents should arrange medical and other appointments after school hours. When that is not possible, the parent should send a note to school with the student. A parent, guardian, or administrator must grant permission to check out in every case. Under non-emergency circumstances, the parent should send a note which MUST be turned in before 11:30 am. Last minute appointments do happen; however, please call PPO before 11:30 am. If your student needs to leave school after 11:30 am and they have not turned in a note that morning, you will need to come to PPO and check them out personally; however, we will not be able to accommodate any check out after 6th period without a previously submitted note.
The note should include:
- The student's first and last name
- Students ID & Grade
- Time the student needs to leave school
- The reason for the early dismissal request
- Whether the student is driving or being picked up and by whom
- Parent's signature
- Telephone number where parent can be reached during the school day to verify the checkout request (If a student is driving or walking, a parent must be contacted.) If the parent or guardian cannot be reached, the student may NOT leave. If the student leaves after we inform him/her that we cannot verify the early dismissal, it will be treated as a class cut and disciplinary action will be taken.
Failure to sign out correctly may result in disciplinary action.
For the safety and security of our students, identification is always required by anyone picking up a student.
CHECKING OUT OF SCHOOL DURING EOC AND AP TESTING TIME:
During the weeks of EOC and AP testing PPO will NOT take any phone calls. If a student is driving or walking, a parent must be contacted. If the student leaves without confirmation of the early dismissal, it will be treated as a class cut (truancy) and disciplinary action will be taken.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com