Service Hour Guidelines 2022 – 2023
Pope High School encourages student involvement in activities which benefit the community. The student must NOT be compensated in any material way.
Students submitting hours earned only through Pope Clubs and Organizations must earn a minimum of 120 cumulative hours over their 4 years at Pope High School. Students may submit no more than 20 hours from clubs/organizations outside of Pope High School. Volunteer hour forms are available in PPO.
- Service projects sponsored by any school club, team, or organization.
- Volunteering with any agency, non-profit group, hospital, church, civic group or community organization. The activity must benefit the entire community (i.e. grounds clean-up, food drive, clothing drive, etc.). No credit will be given for participating in the normal operations of the organization (i.e. Sunday school class, Choir, etc.). No credit will be given for internships unless you work more hours than required. No credit will be given for being a manager of a sports team at Pope High School.
- Time that you spend planning for fund raising activities or drives for charities such as United Way, Relay for Life, etc.
- Time that you spend meeting in order to plan or organize a service event, learn about service opportunities or learn community leadership skills. No credit will be given for regular weekly/monthly meetings of a club/organization.
Submission of Hours
- Service projects sponsored by a Pope club, team or organization – use the Volunteer Submission form and have the club sponsor initial to verify participation and hours. Advisors of the clubs will not submit the hours for you.
- Service projects NOT sponsored by a Pope Club, team or organization – submit on organization letterhead and signed by the sponsoring adult indicating the event and the number of hours.
If you need help finding Pope volunteer hours, you can sign up for REMIND.
- Please text to @810-10 and message @7k7kkb
- You will receive announcements about volunteer opportunities that you can sign up for throughout the year
Hours must be submitted in the year they were earned. We cannot accept hours for previous school years.
Obtain service hour forms here or outside PPO. Please turn all forms into Mrs. Keeline in PPO. firstname.lastname@example.org