All employees of the Cobb County School District (District), except temporary and substitute employees, who are also a custodial parent/legal guardian/step-parent with whom the child is domiciled, may elect to have their student(s) attend any District school subject to the requirements of Administrative Rule JBCD-R.
- The employee must complete a Child(ren) of Employee Transfer Application.
- If the student transfers at the high school level, he/she must meet Georgia High School Association requirements to participate in competitive interscholastic activities.
- The employee is limited to one school selection at each elementary, middle and high school level unless there is a change in employment location.
- If an employee retires from the District, the provisions of Administrative Rule JBCD-R will continue, as long as the student is enrolled in a District school. If an eligible employee is granted a leave of absence, the student may remain at the school approved through this Rule until the end of the approved leave.
- If the eligible employee resigns or is terminated from the District, the provisions of Child(ren) of Employee transfers will end. At that time, the student will be governed by all policies affecting Cobb County students who are not children of eligible employees.
- An eligible employee's student may return at any time to the school in the attendance zone in which he/she is a resident. With the exception of students who attend school where their parents/guardians are full-time teachers, professionals or other employees, acceptable attendance, behavior and grades are required in order for the request to be approved and for the student to remain on transfer. The parent/guardian is also expected to maintain a cordial and cooperative working relationship with school personnel. Failure to comply with these provisions may result in the withdrawal of such student. For a student attending a school where a parent/guardian is a full-time teacher, professional, or other employee, the requirements of O.C.G.A. § 20-2-293 shall apply.
- The employee may either provide transportation for his/her student to attend the approved school or request to and receive written approval from Transportation to board a bus at an approved bus stop for the approved school (see Administrative Rule JBCD-R for more details).
Transfer requests for the 2022-2023 school year:
Applications for the 2022-2023 school year will be accepted from November 17, 2021 through January 28, 2022. Students already attending their school of choice through a Child(ren) of Employee transfer do not have to re-apply until they change levels (elementary to middle or middle to high). Applications will only be accepted after January 28, 2022 for qualifying events (e.g., new employees, employees who change job locations, change of residency, etc.). The choice of schools for applications accepted after January 28, 2022 may be limited based on available space at individual schools.
Transfer requests for the current 2021-2022 school year:
Applications for the remainder of the current 2021-2022 school year continue to be accepted for qualifying events (e.g., new employees, employees who change job locations, change in residency, etc.). The choice of schools may be limited based on available space at individual schools.
How To Apply
Children of Employee transfer applications may be submitted online. For current Cobb County students, the online application can be found in ParentVUE. For students new to Cobb, the online application is part of the Online Registration system. Directions for applying through both systems can be found HERE.