HOW TO APPLY
Go to the Application Login Screen and click on ‘Create Account’
- Master Degree in Educational Leadership, Specialist Degree in Educational Leadership preferred.
- Valid renewable Georgia Educational Leadership Certificate at level 5 or higher; or comparable certificate from out-of-state.
- Minimum of six (6) years of successful educational experience including 3 years of administrative experience.
Assistant Principal (AP)
- Master Degree in Educational Leadership or *Master Degree in another education field which requires completion of an Educational Leadership program within 3 years.
- Valid Georgia Educational Leadership Certificate at level 5 or higher, or meets qualifications for NPL-5*
- Pass GACE Educational Leadership Content Test OR Program Entry Assessment (Georgia Ethics for Educational Leadership – Program Entry (380) Assessment)
- Minimum of three (3) years successful educational experience
Support and Services Administrator (SSA)
- Master Degree required
- Valid Georgia Certificate at level 5 or higher, Leadership certificate required.
- Three (3) years of successful teaching in the area of special education
* Upon being offered an administrative position, the system will apply for NPL5 certification, which requires completion of an educational leadership degree program and obtaining leadership certification within three (3) years.
In addition to meeting Cobb requirements, out-of-state applicants must meet Georgia Professional Standards Commission requirements for Leadership certification.
Administrative Application Process
STEP 1: Application
- Apply online.
- Upload the requested documents via the online application. Do not mail, email or fax. All supporting documents are reviewed online.
- teaching/leadership certificate
- letter of interest
STEP 2: Screening
All applications, resumes, and certificates are reviewed online to determine if the applicants meet the minimum requirements for the position(s) applied for. Applications will have a status of “Incomplete” if the above supporting documents are not uploaded in the online application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
STEP 3: References
- CENTRAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
- The Leadership Management Office does not use the automated reference feature to obtain references for central office administrative positions, references will be sent once finalists have been selected.
- LOCAL SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
- Once you add an open position and submit your application, the Applicant Tracking Enterprise system will generate an automated e-mail to your references requesting them to follow a link and complete the administrative reference form. This form is different than the certified form and pertains to your leadership abilities. Once your references have been returned, the Leadership Management Office will begin the application review process.
STEP 4: Position Interviews
- Central Office Administrative Positions
- When a vacancy occurs, the hiring administrator selects applicants from among the qualified applicants and conducts interviews. Applicants are interviewed in the division where the vacancy exists. After the interviews, the administrator makes an employment recommendation to the Leadership Management Office in Human Resources.
- Principal Selection Process
- Assistant Principal Hiring Process
- When a vacancy occurs, the Principal selects applicants from among the qualified applicants and conducts interviews. Applicants are interviewed at the local school where the vacancy exists. After the interviews, the Principal makes an employment recommendation to the Leadership Management Office in Human Resources.
STEP 5: Appointment
All successful candidates are employed by official action of the Board of Education upon recommendation of the Superintendent. Upon approval by the board the hiring official will contact the candidate.
STEP 6: New Hire Paperwork
After official employment offers, new administrators will receive a “Welcome” email from the Human Resources, Leadership Management Office with a link and instructions for completing the new hire process. New employees are required to have Georgia fingerprints on file with us prior to the start of employment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The administrative reference form is different than the certified reference form and pertains to your leadership abilities. If you are also completing a certified or classified application, please make sure your immediate principal/supervisor is aware that they will need to complete all reference form